Major Intake: Jan/Feb, Sep/Aug
About the USA
The United States of America, undoubtedly the world’s largest economy, consists of 50 states and a federal district along with five major unincorporated territories sharing significant land borders with Canada to the northern belt and with Mexico to the south. More than 331 million population have popularized the country as cosmopolitan nation by welcoming different walks of lives from around the world.
Surprisingly, more than one million international students have been enjoying the world’s highly regarded academic institutions in US. Approximately 300 out of 500 world’s ranked universities have towered the height of the nation as an academic hub. Needless to say, the US qualifies as the “Scholarships provider” to the highest number of international students in comparison to rest of the world. Provided the privileges international students can enjoy in academia as well as in economic and other aspects of the country, USA is one of the best study destinations for international students all around the world.
With around 5000 tertiary institutions, US imparts the degrees recognized prestigiously among the top-tier employers around the world with unbreakable and reliable excellence. American education records have seemed to orient students towards “avant garde” ideas in many fields namely science, technology, humanity, religion, economy, astronomy and so forth for decades. She offers wide range of courses and universities with fascinating opportunities.
International students can work 20 hours per week. However, no time impedes for semester breaks. Students are exposed mainly to three different kinds of F1 working permissions under USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services). After the consultation of DSO (Designated School Officer) who execute within academic institutions and under the observation of USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) one can go through these procedures.
- On-Campus Employment: one can apply for jobs available in own university or institution prior to the permission of USCIS.
- CPT: the empirical dimension of US education system offers international students CPT (Curriculum Practical training) permission to work as internships. This opportunity should be utilized before the duration of the intended course.
- OPT: Upon the graduation, students are granted OPT (Optional Practical Training) to work off campus in related fields of their majors for 12 months. The STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) disciplines are entitled to 36 months of OPT permit.
Apart from that, other scholarship programs streamline the study in USA. Students are required to take scholastic tests such as SAT, GRE, GMAT to be rewarded some scholarships. After all, deserving students can get a range of opportunities on “merit base” to thrive their academic career in every nook and corner in United States.
Facts and Figures
- National capital: Washington DC
- Area: 3,796,742 million square miles
- Population: 331,449,281 (2020 census)
- National language: English
- Must populous city: New York
- Currency: United States Dollar ($/USD)
- Driving side: right
- Calling code: +1
- First President: George Washington
- Current President (46th): Joe Biden
- Flag: fifty white stars in blue background, 13 alternating red and white stipes
- National animal: bald eagle
- Motto: “In God We Trust”
- Government: Federal Republic
- Discovered by Columbus in 1442
- It is home to World’s largest international student number
- 80% of Nevada state is owned by government
- The US consumes about 17% of the Earth’s energy
Major Intake: Jan/Feb, June/ July
When it comes to Australia, the mainland of Australian continent, the island of Tasmania, and other smaller islands that contribute Australia to be the largest country in Oceania and the sixth largest country in the world in terms of area is one of the peaceful countries. More than 25 million population consisting of different indigenous and ethnic groups manifest country as a cultural hub and harmonious charisma for international communities. It only shares aquatic border with New Zealand to the southeast end.
Australia is globally recognized for its wonders, wide-open spaces, beaches, deserts and the Outback. The mega cities such as Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth have beautified and popularized the country for aliens. If international degrees hover around the mind, rest assured that Australia would be one of the best destinations for international students.
The Australian universities frequently ranks among “the world’s top 100 universities”. International students can quench their thirst of updated and globally valued education with options of approximately 1,100 institutions and 22,000 programs. More than 8 million international students get enrolled every year in Australian colleges and universities. Australia has 43 universities altogether, among them 40 are Australian universities, two international universities, and one private specialty university. Is stands as the third largest country to welcome international students after USA and UK.
International students in Australia can work 20 hours per week legitimately to dramatize their staying and studying. Yet to interpolate an esoteric secret, there is no restriction of time and hours in semester breaks. Considering the education and staying, Australia succeeds to offer considerably lower living and tuition fees in comparison to other popular destinations like the UK, the USA, Canada and so on.
Surprisingly, AQF (Australian Qualifications Framework) allows students easily move through the education system, and it functions as the systematized educational landmark in international academia.
Facts and Figures:
- Capital City: Canberra
- Area: 7,692,024 km²
- Population: 25,860,100 (2021 census)
- National language: English
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Driving Side: Left
- Calling Code: +61
- National animal: Kangaroo
- Prime Minister: Scott Morrison
- 12th largest economy in the world
- The largest country in Oceania, and sixth largest country in the world
- Consisting of the mainland of Australian continent, the island of Tasmania, and numerous smaller islands.
- Eastern seaboard is highly urbanized and populated
- Australia has lowest population density in the world
The United Kingdom
Major Intake: January/ September
About the UK
The UK (United Kingdom) which is the leading profile among continental countries includes the island of Great Britain, and many smaller islands within the British Isles. Otherwise, it is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, with the North Sea to the east, the English Channel to the south, and the Celtic Sea to the south-west which collectively contribute UK to be the world’s 12th longest coastline in the world. London is both the capital and largest city in UK which pioneered innovation in technology, industry, and education long before with the world leading universities like Oxford and Cambridge.
The cultural diversity, top-notch education system, and universally recognized degrees have made UK an epitome of academic success among its rivals. This must be the reason; more than 5,000 international students get enrolled in English universities/institutions every year. Furthermore, International students are exposed to varieties of scholarship programs in UK, and thus it grabs the second position when it comes to scholarship provision schemes in the world. Some of the common Scholarships in the UK are:
- Governmental Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- UK University Scholarships
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Rhodes House Scholarships
- Fulbright Foreign
International students are allowed to work 20 hours per week during the study session; there is no limitation for holidays or semester breaks. In most cases for post-graduates, the hour restriction may not apply under certain circumstances. After the completion of intended courses international students can be benefitted through PSW (Post Study Work) visa for three years.
Facts & Figures
- Capital City: London
- Area: 242,495 Km²
- Population: 67,886,004 (2020 estimate)
- Official language: English
- Currency: Pound Sterling
- Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
- Calling Code: +44
- Driving Side: Left
- Monarch: Elizabeth II
- Prime Minister: Boris Johnson
Major Intake: September/ January
Canada locates in North America sharing its border with USA to the south and west which is the world’s longest bi-national land border. Ottawa is the capital city; however, Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver are three largest major cities. The country has total area of 9,984,670 km², and around 38 million population by 2021. Though the country is an anglophone entity but French also is used widely as official language.
Having 97 universities and providing more than 15,000 courses, Canadian institutions enroll more than seven hundred thousand international students every year in tertiary education. Also, Canada consistently ranks as one of the best countries to study and to live a quality life in the world. Canada is often regarded as the hub of influential educators and academics when it comes to comprehensive evaluation by many references.
International students are eligible to work 20 hours while studying in academic session. There is no restriction of hours in session breaks and holidays but make sure that you start working only after your intended course session begins. After meeting certain requirements, one can work both on campus and off campus.
You need to apply for work permit if your course entails required co-op or internship programs.
After the graduation, you can apply for PGWP (Post-Graduation Work Permit) as to continue your employment in Canada. Considering the flexibility one can benefit from, Canada is undoubtedly one of the attractions for international students around the world.
Facts & Figures
- Capital: Ottawa
- Second largest country in the world by area
- Area: 9,984,670 Km²
- Population: 38,131,104 (2021)
- Official Language: English/French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Driving side: Right
- Calling code: +1
- Government: Federal Parliamentary Constitutional monarchy
- Major religion: Christianity
- Prime Minister: Justin Trudeau